Commercial EV Charger installation just got even better for the hospitality industry. A recent announcement from the Office of Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV) has confirmed that Bed & Breakfast’s and Campsites can now apply for the Workplace Charging Scheme.
This is excellent news for the Peak District and other picturesque areas where hospitality is the main economic activity in the region as it means that smaller business owners are able to claim substantial grants as they provide their customers with exactly what they need now and in the future: electric power for their vehicles.
How much can I claim?
For each electric vehicle charging point socket installed at a Bed & Breakfast or Campsite, business owners can claim £350 towards the installation cost. What makes the new offer incredible though, is that you can claim for up to 40 sockets. That is a potential saving of up to £14,000 per business.
The actual cost per install can vary depending on each job as some may be more complicated to install due to location or supply. The best thing to do is to speak to a member of our team who will be happy to help.
Who can apply for a commercial EV charger installation grant?
In order to make a claim for a charging point for a B&B or Campsite, there are two simple criteria that must be met:
- The applicant must be a registered charity or an accommodation business that has less than 250 employees.
- The business site must have off-street parking, but it need not be limited to staff or fleet use.
Benefits of installing an EV Charging Point at a B&B or Campsite
There are many reasons why installing a charger in your hospitality business can help give it an extra boost. Electric vehicles are no longer the future, they’re here and taking a look around you can see that they are having a huge impact on our communities both at a residential and a commercial level. These are just a few examples of how they can help you:
- Having an electric vehicle charging point can be the reason a customer chooses your business over your nearest rival. As more people own electric vehicles, stopping somewhere with charge is a must.
- It’s not only your customers that will benefit, you and your staff will also soon be driving electric vehicles if you’re not already doing so and having a point to charge while working is an additional employee benefit.
- Corporate Social Responsibility. Installation means you will be helping the environment by enabling the use of electric vehicles. More and more, customers expect businesses to do their bit and will value those that are actively making a difference.
How can I apply?
With hundreds of short stays and accommodation across the Peak District alone, the new changes to grant applications will no doubt cause a rush in installations.
The good news is that claiming your funding could not be easier. As a registered OZEV installer, Go Electric will handle the process for you from start to finish. All you have to do is confirm your business details, let us assess your site and we’ll do the rest for you.
After confirming a job, we will draw down funds from central government to pay your supplement as we install your charging points.
We are a small Derbyshire based family owned and run business with experience in installing electric vehicle charging points for businesses across the region over the last 5 years.
We care about our clients who are never just a number and being independent of the major companies, we will always install the right charging point for the job.
Get in touch
Use the form to get in touch and enquire about a commercial EV charging point.